Take life day by day, and be grateful for the little things. Don’t get stressed over what you can’t control.
Remember These 13 Quotes When You Can’t Stop Overthinking
I hear all the time: “I can not turn off my brain”, “I often work myself” or “I just complicate everything”. If I don’t watch myself late in the night, I can hype my mind up and fixate on the past or future.
Our mind is a tool of memory and thought, left unchecked it will just go and go and go with no productive guidance.
We can not get angry because we do its job, but we can make arrangements to make sure we stay productive and happy. Save this article or write these quotes somewhere where you can see it when you’re likely to be overthinking. Or read them and form your own quote or mantra to recite whenever your mind starts to race.
13 Quotes That You Should Remind Yourself Of When Overthinking:
1. “The more you overthink the less you will understand.” ― Habeeb Akande
2. “They say, “Look before you leap.” So look. But do not look for too long. Do not look into the void of uncertainty trying to predict each and every possible outcome, to evaluate every possible mistake, to prevent each possible failure. Look for the opportunity to leap, and leap faster than your fear can grab you. Leap before you talk yourself out of it before you convince yourself to set up a temporary camp that turns into a permanent delay on your journey into your own heart.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
3. “Don’t get too deep, it leads to overthinking, and over thinking leads to problems that don’t even exist in the first place.” ― Jayson Engay
4. “The world is full of people who will help you manufacture tornados in order to blow out a match.” ― Shaun Hick
5. “Thinking too much leads to paralysis by analysis. It’s important to think things through, but many use thinking as a means of avoiding action.” ― Robert Herjavec, The Will To Win: Leading, Competing, Succeeding
6. “If you’re stressing over happiness, you’re doing it wrong!” ― Shannon L. Alder
7. “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.” ― C. JoyBell C.
8. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” ― C. JoyBell C.
9. “You know, it is a little-known fact that thinking is entirely overrated. The world would be a much better place if we all did a lot less of it.” ― Laurie Viera Rigler
10. “I think and think and think, I‘ve thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it.” ― Jonathan Safran Foer
11. “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” ― Criss Jami, Salomé: In Every Inch In Every Mile
12. “We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them” ― Albert Einstein
13. “This is probably the advantage of being stupid. Stupid people just do. We tend to overthink. If we could eliminate the “over” and just think, then we could do, too. Only we’d be smarter doers because we’d be thinkers.” ― Sarah Strohmeyer
When you find yourself stuck in thought sit and meditate over these things. Read them and let them really resonate with you before trying to settle in. The more you understand the act itself the better you will be able to work through it.