Having a daughter is undoubtedly a blessing, though raising a little girl with a high self-esteem in a world saturated with digitally altered images of perfect women can be a real challenge.
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old mother and daughter quotes, mother and daughter sayings, and mother and daughter proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
1. A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem.
2. A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.
3. The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life [ ] the stronger the daughter.
4. As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.
Mothers of daughters are daughters of mothers and have remained so, in circles joined to circles, since time began.
5. A mother’s treasure is her daughter.
6. Mothers and daughters are closest, when daughters become mothers.
7. We mothers are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight.
8. A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.
9. The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex.
10. A busy mother makes slothful daughters.
11. Of course mothers and daughters with strong personalities might see the world from very different points of view.
12. A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones.
13. Mothers, look after your daughters, keep them near you, keep their confidence – that they may be true and faithful.
14. I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be. But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be.
15. Good daughters make good mothers.
16. As is the mother, so is her daughter.