Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old elderly quotes, elderly sayings, and elderly proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
1. Too many people, when they get old, think that they have to live by the calendar.
2. The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.
3. Do not try to live forever, you will not succeed.
4. The wiser mind mourns less for what age takes away than what it leaves behind.
5. The glory of the elderly is their insight to life.
6. The old are in a second childhood.
7. Never tease an old dog; he might have one bite left.
8. Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.
9. Age should not have its face lifted, but it should rather teach the world to admire wrinkles as the etchings of experience and the firm line of character.
10. You can only perceive real beauty in a person as they get older.
11. Old age is ready to undertake tasks that youth shirked because they would take too long.
12. It doesn’t behoove elderly persons to follow fashion in their thinking nor in the way they dress.
13. Old age hath yet his honour and his toil.
14. The way the elderly are treated, and in some cases warehoused and medicated, rather than nurtured and listened to, is distressing.